Berkeley City Club 2315 Durant Ave./Dana St. 6 stories; 36 rooms. No TVs. Indoor heated pool. Continental breakfast; restaurant. No pets. Parking fee. Opened in 1930 as the Berkeley Women’s City Club, this magnificent historical landmark building was designed by Julia Morgan--the well-known architect who designed Hearst Castle. Featuring Moorish and Italian Gothic elements and known as the “Little Castle,” it is decorated with oriental rugs and tasteful vintage furniture that enhance the Old World beauty of its lead-paned windows and aged redwood trim. Free tours are given on the fourth Sunday of each month. Guest rooms are comfortably furnished, and all have views of either the San Francisco Bay or the campus and hills. A bar and restaurant are available to guests only, and a beauty salon operates on site. An intimate theater venue often schedules performances that are open to the public.